Langkawi Day 1

I recently spent 3 days and 2 nights in Langkawi. It was a trip organised by a group of friends. I have never been to Pulau Langkawi before, so naturally I looked forward to this holiday very much. I'm splitting the entire story into 3 posts so I don't have to spam this post with too many photos. Keeping it short and sweet.

We took a ferry early in the morning to get there. The whole journey took approximately 3 hours. I spent my time talking nonsense and watching a very absurd version of Gulliver's Travels.

The ferry leaving Penang Island.

Photos anyone?

Finally we caught sight of some small islands. It meant Langkawi was nearby.

Arrival at Kuah Jetty.

Since we did not have legs strong enough to walk us around Langkawi for 3 days, we rented a car. Avanza 1.5, Rm270 for 3 days. According to research we seem to have gotten quite a good deal, but I can't say for sure.

Our transport for the next few days.

Our first stop was the 7 Wells waterfall. It took us 15 minutes to hike up there. Another 10 minutes would have taken us to a nicer waterfall, but due to time constraints we had to be satisfied with the first waterfall we saw. It was more of a river than a waterfall, but still very nice.

Water and rocks. Nice eh?

I suppose this is where the waterfall starts, but I'm not going to risk my life looking down :P

Nearby was the Oriental Village, where we have the cable car up to the Skybridge, and also other attractions like the somewhat small deer farm.

Oriental Village.

Makan time for the deers. They're friendly.

My favourite for the day was the Skybridge. It can be found in the middle of some hills about 700 meters above sea level. Unless you have wings I highly recommend you buy a cable car ticket to get up there. The normal price for a 2-way ticket is RM30. If you buy your ticket at the counter after 5pm, it's half price at RM15. Don't waste too much time though. The cable car service stops at 7pm. Our tickets cost us RM14 (2-way). We redeemed them after 5pm, using promotional vouchers purchased from our car rental dealer earlier. Always ask around for promotions when you're there. Someone is always able to offer you a cheaper price.

Our promotional passes. It says Rm15 but we actually paid Rm14.

Taken during the ride up.

I haven't received nicer photos of the cable car ride yet. My friends had proper cameras. I was using my cellphone as usual. So the few shown here will have to do.

There. This is what the Skybridge looks like.

The scenery from the bridge was spectacular. The bridge sways a bit, so you might want to be careful, especially if you're afraid of heights.

This birdseye view photo was taken while I was walking on the bridge.

Strolling on the bridge was an eye-opening experience.

After that we checked in at our hotel. Malibest Resort. I just realised I don't have any photos of the resort. Too bad. I'll have to grab some from my friends. We took a walk down the Pantai Cenang road and had dinner. There were many places to eat and also shops for us to do window shopping, but everything closed at around 9.30pm. The rest of the night was spent sitting at a bar by the beach. I don't drink, so I merely enjoyed the music. I would, however, recommend the place to those who can drink. The atmosphere was very nice and calm. The place was called Babylon, if I'm not mistaken, and that's all for Day 1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment