Langkawi Day 3

On Day 3 I learned my lesson and set my alarm to 7am instead of 6am. Everyone was happy to have more sleep. Today we went for the mangrove tour. Sailing on fresh water instead of salt water.

This is where we boarded the boat. It's in Tanjung Rhu.

Our first stop was a fish farm floating in the middle of the swamp (it was a pretty big swamp with deep water). They kept all kinds of fishes there. Fish that may or may not bite your toes off if you wash your feet in there.

The fishes were kept away from each other to avoid inter-racial conflicts.

Fresh water stingray. Here it looks like roti canai in water.

A narrower region of the mangrove swamp.

I like this rock formation. Looks like a scene from Lord of The Rings.

Somewhere halfway through the journey there was a cave that could only be entered if the tide was low. When the tide rises the cave is nearly completely submerged in water. We sailed in and out of the cave, which had a pretty low ceiling.

Entering the cave, side view from our boat.

The light at the end of the tunnel!

There was another session of watching eagles fishing. This time for fresh water fish. The last part of the tour was a bat cave, where you could see... well... bats.

A commendable but futile attempt to make my trip educational.

See those black spots illuminated by the light? Yeah those are sleeping bats.

Stalactites above, stalagmites below. Watch your head, watch your step.

It was nearly 3pm when we finally stood on solid ground again. We had our lunch before doing some last minute chocolate shopping. The others carried some alcoholic beverages with them. I being the usual anti-alcohol guy only took 2 boxes of chocolates home.

Lunch here. Reasonable meal, but don't expect too much.

Before leaving Langkawi we paid a visit to one of the must-must go places. A very symbolic place for Langkawi.

Dataran Lang. With the huge eagle taking flight.

After a 3 hour long ferry ride, we arrived at Penang exhausted. That night all of us slept like pigs. I don't know about the others, but I did not get much sleep in Langkawi. I'm a light sleeper and unless I'm knocked out, any bit of noise wakes me up. But lack of sleep aside, it was a very fulfilling trip and I can finally say I've been to Langkawi :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment