Cameron Highlands

Back from Cameron with family. It was hotter than the last time I went up there. Still cool though. Like the weather very much. Pity those lorries kept leaving trails of carbon monoxide, or the air would have been a lot fresher.

It's a gardener's paradise up there. I'm no gardener, but I do appreciate pretty plants.

Lots of colour.

I particularly like this one.

What's Cameron without the strawberries?

Smaller version of your tomatoes, or at least I think that's what they are.

Little carrots. Cute eh?

Strawberries (yeah as though you haven't seen 'em before)

More flowers.

At the Sam Poh Temple.

Fish in the Temple. They're friendly enough to let you touch them.

Cameron's not only about flowers and strawberries.

The cacti come in bright colours too.

Another day at work for this guy wrapping flowers for sale.

The Sungai Palas tea estate.

More tea.

And MORE tea. Notice the river down there.

The next time you go up the tea hills try to find this river. The water's freezing.

That's what happens when you decide to buy a big plant and put it in the car.

Got this to wear. On the front's my name and on the back "G6PD". So the world knows not to feed me anything sulphur-based. Papa's great idea.

The Orang Asli stalls by the highway can offer certain good bargains, if you bother to stop.

It was good to get away from the hot weather back here. Maybe next time I can get a part-time job plucking tea leaves. That'll be nice.

Yeah, right...

0 comments:

Post a Comment