My Laptop Has Retired

After 2.5 years of service, my Compaq Presario CQ 40 finally retired from active service. I did not intend my good friend to retire till the end of this year, but apparently his motherboard had early retirement plans that I knew nothing about.

Happy retirement, lappie!

Last Tuesday when I was working on my tutorials he just blacked out without warning. There was no significant slowdown in processing speed, and everything else appeared normal before the display went out. Unfortunately my countless attempts at reviving my friend proved fruitless, and the motherboard was officially declared dead by my tech savvy brother minutes later. His diagnosis was confirmed to be correct by the HP service center, which took 10 minutes longer than him to pinpoint the problem.

It's great to have competent, professional tech support at home :D

I've got myself a new lappie, an ASUS A53SV. There are some pretty cool features in it, but also some defects and problems here and there that I will have to iron out before being able to fully enjoy using it. Hopefully there are no serious issues. Fingers crossed! I've got assignments coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    liked!

Post a Comment