2 In 1

Monday meant another bloody long 4 hour break for us TAFE Semester 2 comrades, so I ended up learning to play snooker with the rest of the guys. Just hold that long pole, use the thinner end to aim at the white ball, then poke it and hope it goes where you want it to. There's quite a lot of physics involved really. Especially resolution of forces, but that's a different story.

It's all about STRATEGY!!! I said STRATEGY!!!

2 sticks are better than 1.

The radar screen tells that the battle is not in our favour.

Wei Zhe, the poker and his errrrr... Poker Face.

Fortunately, Ewe Juan the first-timer didn't take anyone's eye out. That's very good news indeed.

Monday's snooker aside, today I was pulled out of class midway through writing a very troublesome essay. Ms Lim who came hunting for me told me that a TAFE auditor from Australia decided to pay the college a visit, and is checking everything from the TAFE syllabus to the lecturers' Malaysian accents. The auditor wanted to interview 1 student from every semester. So they got Mr. Beh to do the lucky draw and that's how I got dragged into the story.

So I had to handle an Ang Mor from Australia. That's a new experience. Ms Lim's advice was brief. Just tell the Australian what you know. Mr. Kee's was even simpler. Just crap.

Just crap. Okay then. It's not that I haven't done that before.

I don't know how but I ended up being the first to meet the auditor. I think the Sem.4 representative was late. So they throw me in first. Alamak. The auditor was a lady. Quite friendly. The questions asked were actually quite straightforward. She just wanted to know if INTI was doing it's job well and whether our program had any problems. When she asked me what was the toughest subject, I said "LAW!!!" and launched into a lecture about how abstract the ideas were and how weird the language was. I even told her Mr. Tan is a good storyteller. Very true lah, although he cakap monotone punya. I didn't tell the auditor that.

Around 20 minutes of talk and I was given a souveneir.

Yup, the auditor's card. Then I saw the word INSTITUTE DIRECTOR. What the heck! I 有眼不识泰山! Luckily I didn't suan anybody during the interview. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment