Baking for CNY

My Mum makes the best butter cakes. I've grown up eating them every CNY but I never get sick of them. I decided to try my hand at baking this year. We needed a total of 3 cakes, and Mum decided I could mess one up.

No complains from me here.

So with some pointers from Mum, I went about the kitchen mixing flour and sugar and a whole bunch of other stuff. It's a pity I forgot to take photos of myself in action. I only have some photos of the final product.

That's my cake in the oven.

Unfortunately there was a miscalculation involving the heat, so the cake came out like this...

Okay it was little black on top, but the inside was just right.

In case you're wondering, that ugly cake tasted GOOD, and I'm not saying it just because I made it.

Since I have no photos of myself in action, I'll post some photos of my Bro in action. He was in charge of cake number 2.

Egg yolk and egg white, before.

SuperBro works magic with super noisy tool.

Egg yolk and egg white, after.

THAT WAS AMAZING!!! :O

I'm going to ask Mum for another baking lesson. Probably after CNY when we're not so busy. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the oven next time. Then, I'll open a chain of cake houses and retire with enough cash to buy a private island in Hawaii.

Yeah right dream on. Anyway Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

0 comments:

Post a Comment