The World Cup And I

You know there was once a time when the word 'cup' only brought thoughts of this thing.

Yes. Cawan.

Now the word seems to be associated more with football than anything else. Yep with the World Cup on, my Facebook wall frequently gets stuffed with all kinds of statuses that I can't understand. Ah yes did I mention I don't keep track of football? Come on you don't have to keep track of football to be human, right? Or is this one of the reasons I have people declaring I'm not human? Hmmm...

Fortunately, I have learned something from this whole World Cup thingie. That is, there is such a musical instrument known as the Vuvuzela! A very unique name for an equally unique instrument I'd say.
Vuvuzelas!

But it still beats me why people have to blow this horn... I mean Vuvuzela during a football match. Does it have an underlying meaning for the locals? I think the reason should be built on something along that line. The only other reason I can think of is that the loud noise covers your voice and allows you to curse any player on the field without others noticing.

I have also been made aware of the fact that this year's football frenzy was not without drama and surprise. I owe all this info to my Facebook wall. It seems certain big names have made early exits (well, earlier than they were supposed to exit, anyway). I believe lots of gamblers have lost their bets due to this unfortunate turn of events. In addition, everyone seemed particularly frustrated about a goal that was supposed to be a goal... darn what am I trying to say... I mean an unrecognised goal that was supposed to be a recognised goal in a match involving England. Poor Englishmen. Even Robin Hood could not have saved them.

Oh, and there's also interesting news about an octopus that has mastered the ancient Gypsy art of fortune-telling, and better still, does not require a crystal ball to identify the winner in a football match. Amazing eh? I'd like to meet this octopus one day. It would be nice to know each other over a cup of tea.

That said, enjoy watching your World Cup, and keep me updated on Facebook. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment