Black Out

The electricity supply has been healthy, no cough, flu or even hiccups. The black out has nothing to do with volts. It's about Black Valentine's Day. Being the "wonder what's going on" type, I knew nuts about this darker version of Valentine's Day.

After a brief explanation from some wiser coursemates, I got a bit wiser too as the result of them imparting their invaluable knowledge regarding this darker version of a well known holiday celebrated by homo sapiens around the globe to mark and declare their undying, sincere and everlasting affection and care for their respective partner(s), the darker version performing a different function and symbolizing a different perspective and outlook of things in which humans categorized as being single in terms of personal relationship or marital status converge upon this fateful day to resent their current aforesaid state of partnership. That's a long sentence. I'll simplify it for you-

I think it's the day the singles mourn their "singleness". There. Better, right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Okay enough bullsh*t.

As all people with at least half a brain will be able to tell, I'm STILL SINGLE. According to our class representative, singles should come in black today. She stopped short of saying singles coming in other colours would be detained under the ISA. Lucky us. My close friends will know that I never wear black. So today was the first time in my memory that I ever wore a black shirt. My one and only comment?

IT'S FLAMING HOT AS HELL!!!

...especially when you have to walk back home under the sun. Not far, but still panas. I'm not hot, the shirt's hot and so it makes me hot. No not 'hot' as in 'cool'. Hot as in Cool? What am I trying to say?! Arrr forget it.

Nearly the whole class appeared in black. Talk about the Black Parade. Pity I didn't have a camera with me. It was quite a sight to behold. However, I don't believe so many are still single. Maybe some of our friends are just being too shy to publicly declare that they are no longer alone.

Ah well, so happy Black Valentine's. All's black for now, but remember, the propects ahead are colourful!

PROSPECTS
PROSPECTS
PROSPECTS
PROSPECTS
PROSPECTS
PROSPECTS

Another cheap joke by me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment