The Avengers

I'm not a fan of superhero movies ( I find the idea of a huge green guy smashing through my bean plants slightly intimidating). Nevertheless, I gave this movie a go, and I'm giving it the thumbs up.


I've nothing much to say about the special effects and the actions sequences. All superhero movies involve large things destroying larger things, resulting in noise, explosions and debris. Lots and lots of debris. The Avengers is no different. You get to see skyscrapers torn down to pieces the size of cornflakes. Cars being thrown across the street. Aliens scaling walls. You get the picture.

However, one good thing is that for The Avengers, the script itself is worth the ticket price. I was delighted to see superheroes with a way with words. No more "Never fear, Captain America is HERE!" and other corny lines that remind me of cartoon heroes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment