Paranormal Activity III

Although this is already the third installment in the series, it's the first Paranormal Activity I've ever watched. I skipped the first two because movies filmed using hand-held video recorders make me dizzy. Parts of the alien movie District 9 made me feel as though I've been on a merry-go-round spinning at 3x light speed.

Demonssssssssss...

This time I was wrong. The movie didn't make me dizzy. I actually found it quite entertaining (yeah call me a psycho if you want to). I heard it's not as good as the previous movies in the series, but obviously I'm in no position to make such a comparison.

It seems they managed to do everything without using special effects. I'm interested in knowing how they suspended a whole bunch of kitchen utensils in mid-air, before letting it all fall to the floor (very loudly). That plus a lot of flying furniture and floating objects makes me think they have an unlimited supply of invisible string at their disposal. Maybe I can borrow some to suspend my goldfish bowl over my study table.

Highly recommended for those who want to see a a ghost/demon without actually seeing one, and for those who believe their mother-in-laws are evil witches. Also recommended to those who want to know what a demon kid's face looks like. I hope I'm not giving off too many spoilers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment