The AUD$49.90 Assignment

Education isn't cheap. And it's risky.

Very risky.

Recently it was brought to my attention that I had to complete an online assignment. The estimated time was given at 20 hours. Quite a big one considering the fact that my previous online assessments only took 1/2 to 1 hour at the most.

Whatever sense of enthusiasm I had in this particular assignment quickly faded when I found out that an attempt at this technologically advanced piece of homework would cost me no less than $AUD49.90. That's like more than RM150!

Hell, with that kind money I could buy a villa by the beach in Hawaii.

Okay, perhaps a nice scale model of a villa in Hawaii.

But still, for thrifty (and perhaps stingy) people like me, RM150++ is a lot of money. You have to complete the assignment and submit it online, so any unforeseen problem that kills your internet connection while you're submitting a section of your work will spell doom for you. Zero marks for that section, no ifs and buts.

I'm just so glad that I survived the thing without much problems, save for a few instances that nearly caused me panic attacks. Education can be dangerous, it seems.

0 comments:

Post a Comment