Emigrating from the Blogosphere?

I decided to check which members of my blog list were still active, and ended up deleting more than half of my original blog links. It appears many are no longer interested in blogging/do not have the time to update their blogs.

I joined the blogging community as a latecomer, I remember. While most of my friends started blogging in secondary school (it was the craze then), I only started in 2009 when I enrolled in college. The main reason I started blogging? Nothing to do, itching to write. Simple as that. I was once a very good writer. Yup, once. Sadly over the years I've lost some of my creativity. I think the process is called growing up.

Man, I sound old.

Of course, I haven't finished growing, and I doubt I ever will. So I probably would retain some of my humour and creativity for the long term. This will allow me to continue blogging, and the only reason I believe I'll ever stop is to survive the audit peak season (if I decide to go for audit). The idea now is to keep my writing skills polished, even if no one is reading the nonsense here.

I therefore conclude I will continue being a member of the shrinking blogosphere, and this hell-bound nutcase of an asylum shall continue its operations, regardless of whether its residents are mad.

For those who have been following this blog and continue to wonder who I mean every time I say "residents of the asylum", I'm just referring to the voices in my head. And rest assured, one of them sounds exactly like you :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment