In College...But With CNY Mood

It's very hard to actually sit down and study with Chinese New Year around the corner. Yes I love CNY, and it has to do with more than Ang Pows. It's the atmosphere and the festivities that really count.

The first week of college being the first week, I actually found myself lucky to meet some friendly lecturers from both the previous semester and from this new semester, despite the confusion a new academic year usually brings. A few of my CLHS friends have also come to INTI, meaning I'll have more people to talk to. Excellent to meet some old pals. Even the cafeteria food has improved substantially, although it's still far from meeting our expectations. Improvements should be recognised, and credit goes to the Big Bite team for actually taking the initiative to produce something more favourable to our taste buds.

But as expected not everything was pleasant about the new semester.

I was given the chance of actually meeting a very troublesome lecturer, one very different from any others I've ever met. Pity. Everyone else was just so nice and friendly and approachable, except this one. Even smiling in class was an issue. I became the subject of this particular lecturer's attention twice just because I SMILED. Attention wasn't from a positive light in both cases. Can't I even smile at you when you look at me in class?! You're not going to stop me. I'll keep smiling at you till the end of this semester! Oh and this lecturer walks around everywhere with the "I shall have my revenge" facial expression. Even a hearty, happy, jolly 'Good Morning!' didn't wipe that sour look away. All I received in return for the greeting was a slight nod, a 1/10 smile that hardly qualified as a smile, then that same sour look again. Reminds me of Ebenezer Scrooge. Baaaaaah, Humbug!

Hopefully this one will cheer up and warm up in the next few weeks. I do not intend to spend months in contact with a grumpy person. I'm not here to make enemies. I have very few of those but there're more than enough. Do not add to the list.

But let's not let this small matter ruin our CNY mood, okay? :)

Chinese New Year is not the time for grudges. Let's all be jolly instead of frowning upon these little bumps in life. Keong Hee Huat Chai and may the Tiger be a steadfast friend for all of us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment