Gold Coast II

So as promised, Surfer's Paradise. The place is what people call the "main" part of Gold Coast, where tourists and locals alike go to enjoy the beach and sun. It wasn't really summer yet, so there were no surfers around. I think the Australians prefer to hang on at the beach when it is hot enough to fry an egg on the pavement. So yeah, not as many people around as expected.

In case people don't know they are already at the place.

Like I said, not as many people as expected.

The sun sets against the buildings.

I can imagine it's good for surfing once the wind gets strong enough.

 
Only a genius like me wears trousers to the beach.

I like how the city meets the beach.

After a tiring day at Sea World we went to this restaurant, Hog's Breath Cafe. It was highly recommended by friends.

What a name.

For those who can't decide between ribs and steak. I ordered a mix of both.

This pancake like thing tasted strongly of Indian spices. They did a great job mixing the 3 sauces there.

If you are a meat-lover I believe you will like Hog's Breath (as in the restaurant, don' try to be funny :P). I messed up my steak a little because I said "medium" to the waitress. I should have said medium rare because  that slab of meat came out a bit too hard for my liking. The ribs were soft and tender. Very, very nice. Oh, and you see those crinkled/twisted fries there? Those were very nice too. Just right. Not too salty, not too soft, not too hard.

Next post, Australia Zoo. The story is nearly a month late. But so what. I write the blog, I make the rules. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment