Spring!

One day some time ago, I found myself with nothing to do. This was rare considering that here in Perth, I almost always have something to do, from laundry to cooking to studying, and more laundry.

So I decided to take a walk around campus and the road in front of my hostel and snap some photos of springtime flowers blooming.

The petals feel like paper.

Tiny yellow flowers all over.

This one was found in my hostel compound.

These are the maple trees in uni. I like maple trees!

Odd looking plant.

This is an artichoke plant. An Aussie veggie that I have never eaten before.

Bottlebrush-like flowers.

Spring is not only about flowers. Hehehe

Oh and speaking of spiders, I recently caught one pretty large one in my room. Judging by its appearance and the way it weaved its web, I suspect it might have been a Black House Spider. That of course, isn't good news. Black House Spiders are found all over Australia and are mildly venomous. Their bites cause nausea, headaches and dizziness. Don't worry, I did not get stung while catching it.

Moving on...

Curtin has ducks. They spend time wondering around a dry pond.

A random bush flower.

Pink bell-shaped ones growing wild.

Close up.

Another random bush of flowers.

So what people say is true. Spring is pretty! =D
...save for the horde of flies that keep buzzing above the fields. Don't ask me why they love fields so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment