Up North, Episode 6 - Red Bluff

Red Bluff is basically a cliff overlooking a very pretty stretch of beach. According to an information board I read, it was a navigation point for Dutch sailors about 800 years ago. Today its sole function is as a tourist destination where you can get some great photos taken. Do be careful though, a warning sign at the entrance tells of unstable cliffs and loose rocks. It's a long, painful way down to the bottom.

Pretty, isn't it?

Notice that green stuff? That's the edge of the cliff. It's not connected to the red soil and the beach!

Anymore closer to the edge would be dangerous, guys.
 
 This is the path where you walk. Notice how the beach goes around you.

That's me!

This lookout point is where you can get the best view.

For $2, you get to use a pair of high-powered binoculars to scan the coastline. I think it was intended for us to observe the waves and discover some wildlife. We did indeed discover some wildlife. We saw a young couple dating down there! I have no idea how they managed to get below the cliff though.

I spy with my little eye.

And finally, a group photo.

By now you should have noticed our road trip is mainly about enjoying scenery, scenery and more scenery. Well, that's my idea of a holiday. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment